Please read these guidelines before applying!
Who Can Apply?
The Bulwell Arts Festival is a community project run by local residents and priority will be given to artists/makers within the local area. Artists/makers within Nottinghamshire will be considered. All entrants must live, or be professionally based, within Nottinghamshire (and not beyond the county boundary).
- All entrants must be 18 years and over.
- If you are under 18 please contact us: email@example.com
- Work must be set up by specified deadlines.
- All work must be original and the property of the artist entering the event.
- The number of pieces of work you can show will depend on your allocated space and the nature of your work. You will be notified.
- Work must be clearly labeled with title, medium, name, price or [NFS], contact details Artists/Makers must be responsible for installing their own work. Please ask for help and support, if needed.
- Artists must provide all the equipment they need to show their own work
- Insurance for own artwork will be the responsibility of the Artist/Maker.
- Public Liability Insurance will be in place at each venue for the duration of the Art Week.
- If you hold your own public liability insurance, please submit a copy of your insurance certificate.
- Anything hazardous and a risk to safety will not be accepted – the organisers reserve the right to make the final decision in the event of a dispute.
- Any electrical equipment used during workshops, performances, exhibitions, and craft fair must be PAT tested.
Art In The Shops
PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT SHOPS AT THIS TIME
- Please list any specific requirements for your work e.g. wide ledge for ceramics, this will enable us to select a suitable shop for your work.
- You can request a particular shop, but we cannot guarantee you will be selected for that shop.
- You MUST be able to visit the shop/business in advance of Art Week to confirm the space is suitable – you’ll be informed of the deadline for this visit.
- You may be allocated part of a window to display in – how much space is available is always at the business owner’s discretion.
- Work must be set up no later than the Friday before the start of Bulwell Art Week.
- All work must remain in place through the week and then discussed with shop managers a suitable time to collect the week after.
- No offensive works can be displayed in shop windows
- Crafts that are actually made by the stallholder.
- Crafts are of good quality.
- The stallholder lives or has their workshop:
1) within NG6
2) within Nottingham
3) within Nottinghamshire
- We will select stalls to balance the variety of types of craft.
- Stall’s cost £5/£6 and will be held on Saturday 7th July 2018 payment will be required when booking your table to secure your spot.
- All work must be original and made by the person entering the event.
- Anything hazardous and a risk to safety will not be accepted the organisers reserve the right to make the final decision in the event of a dispute.
- You will be expected to provide your own table, not more than 6′ wide,
- Your work should be clearly priced.
- You are responsible for setting up your own stall.
- There is onsite parking.
- You must take down the stall at the end of the event.
- Insurance for your work will be your responsibility.
You are expected to comply with current legislation regarding the selling of the following; food, toys, items that look like toys, candles, home fragrancing, and cosmetics. Required labeling and safety notifications, along with food hygiene assessments, where applicable, will be checked.
1st Feb – Applications open for artists, performers, workshop leaders, community groups, churches etc
31st March – Applications close
11th May – All groups, businesses submit programme information
10th June – All posters, brochures, banners available for distribution
7th July – Launch of the Bulwell Arts Festival